POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Your favorite Age of Myst? : Re: Your favorite Age of Myst? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Your favorite Age of Myst?
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Dec 2007 19:08:36
Message: <47607804$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> I have Riven on a DVD; I can imagine the CD swapping gets annoying :)

It's not too bad. There are six islands. Prison island and age 213 (or
whatever it's called) are on one disk, and each of the other islands are
on another disk.

Hence, you really only change disks at the end of a ride or while
crossing a really long bridge. It's only *annoying* when you click "go
there" and then realize you forgot to do something and want to go back. ;-)

I was also under the impression there were unofficial ways of putting
all the content on your HD, but I don't think I ever bothered.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it